Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
World Poetry Month: Day Sixteen
Today’s poetry is ‘She Walks in Beauty’ a poem by Lord Byron (1788–1824). George Gordan Byron, better known as Lord Byron, was a key poet in the Romantic movement.
His wild lifestyle and scandalous love life made him the most flamboyant among his peers.
Known for his swashbuckling ways, adventure, womanizing, and heartbreaker ways, he was a playboy of his time.
His sharp wit combined with his mercurial temper made him dangerous to anyone who crossed him.
However, Byron was a very sentimental poet who wrote some of the most beautiful English poems.
“She Walks in Beauty” is said to be one of his best-loved poems and one of the finest Romantic poems ever written.
If you really want to impress your love, sing this song! Its lyrical qualities make setting it to music easy.
‘She Walks in Beauty’ by Lord Byron ▶️
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o’er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.
And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!
and then with a patience like granite
आर फिर ग्रेनाइट सरीखे धैर्य के साथ
You May Like To Check Out
- World Poetry Month: Day One
- World Poetry Month: Day Two
- World Poetry Month: Day Three
- World Poetry Month: Day Four
- World Poetry Month: Day Five
- World Poetry Month: Day Six
- World Poetry Month: Day Seven
- World Poetry Month: Day Eight
- World Poetry Month: Day Nine
- World Poetry Month: Day Ten
- World Poetry Month: Day Eleven
- World Poetry Month: Day Twelve
- World Poetry Month: Day Thirteen
- World Poetry Month: Day Fourteen
- World Poetry Month: Day Fifteen