GenOrators: National Online Public Speaking Contest
Are you interested in Public Speaking? Do you want to become a public speaker?
If yes, then GenOrators: National Online Public Speaking Contest is the right place for you to be.
We at RNTalks believe that communication is the backbone of our society. It enables us to influence decisions, forge connections, and drive change.
Sans communication skills, the capability to progress in the practical world and life itself would be almost impossible. Ironically, public speaking is one of the most potent yet the most dreaded forms of communication.
Glossophobia or speech anxiety is the most basic fear people possess across the globe. The main objective of holding GenOrators: National Online Public Speaking Contest is to help individuals overcome this fear by providing a platform to perform.
During primary school, it is simple to be the student who remains in the back of the classroom, ducks behind students in front of him or her and avoids raising his or her hand to evade such situations.
But in the practical world, public speaking is a essential skill to have and to hone. It influences simple, everyday communications between coworkers, marketing professionals and clients, bosses and employees, etc.
Participating in GenOrators can have an tremendous impact on your career path and your level of achievement in your industry.
Inspiration sometimes runs dry, and for orators feeling uninspired can drive to a poor performance.
How do you perform when you require a bit of extra lift? Sometimes the well thought out words may also fail the very best orators which can be disastrous.
From drafting speeches to calming your nerves right before you step into the spotlight, we’ve compiled all the needful steps that you should take to deliver your speech effectively on a public speaking platform.
“A good orator is pointed and impassioned.”– Marcus T. Cicero
Why Is Public Speaking Important?
There are several purposes why public speaking is important, but the three that I consider being the most important are:
1. To Win Over the Masses
The skill of persuasion or the potential to win over the crowd is an essential skill to have in business, especially in the public relations arena.
Withinn and outside the workplace, the power of persuasion can carry you far, and it all commences by sharpening those public speaking skills.
Learning public speaking results in an increase in confidence and, with that, follows a cool and consolidated presence in front of an audience.
Of course, it is important to be conscious about the subject you are presenting.
Still, beyond that, when delivering a persuasive speech of any kind, including a sales pitch to a customer, you require to be prepared to answer the opposition and to converse with poise.
To make an influential case, the ability to converse publically is not only important but imperative to make forward strides.
For example, to prove why a particular product or idea would be an intriguing topic to an editor of a publication, one must apply a strong and convincing communication style to elicit intrigue and curiosity.
A great pitch will urge the consumer or editor to aspire to know more. When addressing an audience with an opinion or argument for or against something, public speaking enables you to put forward your case in a compelling and convincing manner.
2. To Motivate People
A prominent public speaker accomplishes the power to stimulate his or her audience to stop doing something, do something, change a behavior, or reach objectives.
But to move an idea ahead, you must be able to stimulate and revitalize your coworkers, peers, employees, customers, and sometimes family, too.
Public speakers are leaders who can motivate their audience to work harder to accomplish their goals. As a public speaker, your purpose is to influence and convince your listeners and generate an environment where everyone marches out ready to roll.
You are not solely giving a speech to get your audience to exercise a certain action; Public speakers are a component of the action and can communicate their passion and ambition.
It is not enough to comprehend the issues at hand and obtain your audience to share your passion. Elections have been won solely because one candidate was a more conforming public speaker than the other.
Being informed is an important factor, of course, but more importantly, being capable of arousing passion in people through skillful public speaking will drive your audience to make a movement.
When personalities speak about having a voice in the world, they suggest impacting the world by voicing your thoughts and knowledge in an exciting way.
The power of public speaking enables you to associate with the audience and earn their trust. As a proficient public speaker, you become likable and trustworthy, and you will be capable of inspiring and even entertaining the masses.
3. Ability To Inform
The mere ability to inform is one of the most significant aspects of public speaking.
From doing research papers and PowerPoint presentations in school to presenting ideas and pitches to your boss or client, informative public speaking is vital for a successful career across all work fields.
Once you have gained their attention, a good enlightening speech sharing your knowledge of a subject with an audience heightens their understanding. It makes them retain your words long after you’ve finished.
For example, you might be required to educate a group of coworkers on utilizing new computer software or addressing your company’s happenings.
Whether it is giving presentations or sharing a field of expertise, this form of public speaking is an indispensable skill in today’s world.
“Oral communication skills were the number one skill that college graduates found useful in the business world.”-According to a study by sociologist Andrew Zekeri
Communication skills intensify your ability to communicate with professionals and colleagues in a modified, composed, and confident manner.
Public speaking enhances these skills and delivers you a more worthy candidate to move up and succeed in your chosen field.
- CASH PRIZES for the winners of each category
- Live Interview with RNTalks and also get featured on our social platforms and website.
- Inclusion in Hall of Fame
- E-Certificate of Participation for all participants
- Hardcopy of the Certificate of appreciation will be mailed to the winners.
- A Surprise gift is included.
Fill in the below registration form to be a part of a fabulous event. Please go through the rules and conditions carefully before submitting your registration. We have a lot in the box for you.
- Categories will be decided as per the entries that come.
- There will be separate categories for ADULTS & KIDS.
- The winner will be declared in each category separately.
Terms and Conditions
- Mail the photos and videos to… talksrn7@ankitmain95gmail-com
- Submit your best original motivational and inspirational story as a 4-5 min video.
- The SUBJECT OF YOUR MAIL should be ” GenOrators National Online Public Speaking Contest”
- Big files can be sent online through “WeTransfer” or google drive. (Make sure that your files are shareable)
- All willing to participate in the event have to register for auditions by paying a nominal registration fee.
- Please take a screenshot of payment and attach it at the time of filling the registration form. (We suggest that you keep it with you until this event is over)
- Only one entry per contestant will be considered. The video should be your original piece of work. We do not support plagiarism and such entries will be rejected straight away. No refund will be given.
- Be loud enough to be heard in the video clearly.
- Decision of our Hon’ble Juries will be final.
- The winner of the Facebook insights will be declared on the basis of the number of likes and comments. So it is suggested that you like, follow our Facebook page and join us on Facebook group/Instagram and also ask your friends, relatives, and family to comment on your video.
- The accepted language will be Hindi & English only.
- Please refrain from using politics, hate speech, anti-national comments, nudity, or any other sexist words intended to hurt anyone’s sentiments.
- RNTalks reserves the right to disqualify or reject any entry.
- RNTalks reserves the right to modify/cancel/postpone the event and related terms and conditions if required.
- Your Entry will be considered CONFIRMED only when the Registration Fee payment will be done.
- No Entries will be accepted after the cut-off date.
- All participants need to pay a Registration fee of amount INR ₹200/- by Payment links given below.
- Take the screenshot of the payment confirmation screen and send us on WhatsApp 7678305152 along with the participant’s name.
- The registration fee will be reimbursed for anyone who succeeds in getting 5 confirmed contestants.
- Please, give a list of your referrals to be identified.
- If you have been referred then give the name of the person who has referred you in the slot given in the form.
📱 SIGNAL: 9560928039
For details please visit
RNTalks, Rhetoric to Nirvana-Inspiring Lives is a platform that encourages positivity in every from i.e. from Motivational speeches to public speaking and storytelling.
We promote the common man to share their uncommon stories and experiences in life and encourage them to search for the silver lining in the clouds.
GenOrators 2020 National Online Public Speaking Contest was held on 11th MAY 2020. It lasted for 3 days and the results were declared on 15th MAY 2020.
The winners were decided by the jury, Ms Poonam Joshy (personality development Trainer), Ms Rupinder Brar (teacher educator), Brig. Vinod Dutta (TV panellist & Limca Bol of Records Holder), and Ms Ranjeeta Ashesh (Founder Kshitij & Mrs Delhi NCR ‘Mrs Most Talented’).