Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
CBSE class XII English board exams will take place on February 24, 2023.
While thorough preparation is essential, what matters finally is how you approach the questions and present answers on the day of the exam.
With just a few days in hand, students must strategise to ensure they answer questions correctly and complete the English paper on time.
CBSE Class 12 English Board Exam: 10 Simple Tips To Score Good Marks
My first tip is… Experience the language by reading!!
After you learn to enjoy and appreciate it, you will be able to score full marks in any subject as now you can articulate your brilliant ideas so well and express them in your own words.
The following tips for scoring good marks in the English Board exam:
1. A good visual appeal/presentation in beautiful handwriting is the first step to impress and convince the examiner that you have sincerely attempted the paper. If you don’t have beautiful handwriting, then make sure your work is neat.
2. Don’t waste time reading the entire question paper in the reading time allotted to you (15 minutes). You will be reading it in the course of the three hours given to you.
Get a head start by reading the comprehension passages carefully and checking the questions within these 15 minutes.
Taking the reading section seriously is worth a lot of marks, so read the questions carefully and answer them briefly.
3. Be sure to read the questions carefully before choosing an answer. Do not second-guess yourself if you are confident. Give it your 100%.
Draw a margin on the right side of the answer sheet for rough space if required and write your value points (so that you do’t forget them later); then elaborate them logically and systematically.
4. Avoid overwriting your answers and wasting time. Be grammatically correct, clear, legible, and specific while attempting the questions.
Due to time constraints, do not exceed the word limit and compromise on some other questions. Read this for learning time management. No question is unimportant, and each one must be answered fully.
5. Learn the names of the poets/authors/prose/poems; writing the wrong spelling will leave a poor impression on the examiner and expose your cramming, which is not recommended.
6. While reading the prose or poem section, always try to develop a parallel text. Compel yourself to look at the text through a prism of thoughts. Try to search for new perspectives within the context of the topic.
7. In the long answers, mention the theme/subtheme of the prose and poems. You can enhance your answer by quoting keywords/phrases from the text.
8. In the writing section, be specific about- what- where- when- how; do not miss any details. Review your teachers’ explanations of the different formats.
Don’t miss any important details when describing the sequence of events. Don’t describe the quoted example, but use relevant examples to hit the nail on the head. Just drop a hint and move on.
Do not go overboard and end up writing a novella. There would be time for that too in the future! Be sure to keep the word limit in mind when you write that answer.
9. Maintain proper spacing between your answers to present a neat and well-written paper. Read the tips & Tricks to answer without anxiety.
10. Revise both your literature texts thoroughly. Remember characters’ names clearly without mixing them up, like how many last-minute Rip Van Winkles write Raj Kumar Shukla as Ram Kumar Shukla!
Right now, solving as many sample papers as possible is the best way to practice writing.
You Might Like To Read Other Articles on Mental Health
- What is Zohnerism Parody | How Not To Be a Victim Of Zohnerism Parody
- Anxiety Causes and Symptoms: What You Need to Know
- Kids and Teens with Anxiety: Helpful Tips for Children and Adolescents
- 5 Best Anxiety Pen: The Stress-Free Gift Guide
- Know The Difference Between Panic Attacks And Panic Disorder
- How To Deal With Panic Attacks
- Nocturnal Panic Attacks: Manifestation Causes And Remedy Of Nocturnal Panic Attacks
- Having Trouble Enjoying Anything Anymore? You Can Break Through Anhedonia
- How to Practice Self-Love and Be Good to Yourself | Mental Health Matters
- Anxiety Disorders – Symptoms, Causes and Prevention
- Anxiety: When Is Anxiety Normal?
- What Is Psychological Safety? What Is The Benefit?
- 7 Reasons Why Being Lazy Is Not Always A Bad Thing
- Exam Anxiety: Help Your Child Before It Is Too Late
- 10 Signs That Your Parenting Style Is Getting Toxic