Every purchase made through our affiliate links earns us a pro-rated commission without any additional cost to you. Here are more details about our affiliate disclosure.
Success Story Of Dr. Geeta Barua Nath
We at RNTalks are proud to bring you the Success Story Of Dr. Geeta Barua Nath on our platform.
Along with our Indian armed forces were the health workers and our doctors who never let their guard down during the global pandemic. They stayed at work so that we could stay safe at home.
Today on our show ‘RUBAROO’ on RNTalks PRIMETIME is Dr. Geeta Baruah Nath.
Dr. Geeta Baruah Nath is a prominent senior obstetrician, Gynecologist with vast experience of more than 25 years in her field, including High-risk obstetrics, all Gynaecological Surgeries and Procedures, Laparoscopic Surgeries, and Infertility specialist.
She has done MBBS and Post Graduation from Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh, along with her residency training.
She is presently working as Chief of Obs & Gynae Department, Artemis Hospital, Gurugram, a JCI and NABH recognized Tertiary care Teaching Hospital.
Dr.Geeta has been working with Artemis Hospital for 12 years. Before this, she has been a consultant to Paras Hospital, Apollo Cradle, Privat, and Umkal Hospital Gurugram.
She has been treating all high-risk National and International patients. She was also inducted as a National Trainer for Health Workers with Voluntary Health Associates of India, New Delhi.
She is also the President of the All Assam women writers association, Gurgaon branch.
She actively organizes awareness programs on Women’s Health & Prevention of Gynaecological cancers in different parts of the country.
She has directed many National Conferences and attended countless conferences as Faculty. Dr. Nath also frequently writes for a website on the topic of parenting and maternal health.
She was on the editorial board of Obstetrician & Gynecology quarterly magazine, Gurgaon. She likewise has a book on Menopause published by VHAI, New Delhi, to her credit.
Even during her extremely busy Obs & Gynae practice, Dr.Geeta always felt concerned for the Menopausal Women who require more Attention, Time, and Guidance, which is not feasible in a busy Gynae Clinic.
There is a vacuum in this sphere where all Women suffer quietly without guidance.
So, she thought that the need of the hour was to start an Exclusive Menopause Clinic to give every lady ample time to comprehend the changes in her body and guide her for the new phase of her life.
Dr. Nath has toiled day and night to keep the newbie mothers and infants safe from COVID-19.
Today on our platform, we discussed how she managed both the medical and personal challenges during the worst phase of the pandemic when mortality was at the peak.
Treating high-risk cases in expectant mothers or babies both COVID +ve and -ve was a challenge that was made even more daunting by the PPE kit.
Managing the PPE and the precise timings as well as ensuring low mortality was a herculean task.
- Can the young married couple plan pregnancy in a pandemic?
- Should the married couples plan for a baby during the pandemic?
- Can a pregnant mother take the covishield vaccine?
- When to take the COVID-19 vaccine? Is it safe?
- How should people with comorbidity look after themselves?
- What precautions should they take and what not to do?
- What course of action should the infertility couple take?
- Is breastfeeding ok for the mother and the baby if the mother is COVID +ve?
All the above questions, including questions regarding the Covaxin and Covishield vaccines when there have been so many controversies and scams surrounding the vaccine, were answered by Dr. Geeta Barua Nath.
The best and the most reassuring part is that she has taken the vaccine and recommends everyone to go ahead with it.
Achievements of Dr. Geeta Barua Nath
- Life member Indian Medical Association
- Life member Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society of India
- Life member Indian Menopause Society
- Life member Indian Fertility Society
- Executive member Gurgaon Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society
Honors & Awards
- Bharat Jyoti Award
- Bharatiya Chikitsak Ratna Award
- International Medical Excellence Award
- Indira Gandhi Women Achiever Award
- Rajiv Gandhi Achiever Award
- Award for Commendable services from Indian Medical Association, Gurgaon, 2008.
- Award for Humanitarian services from Gombe State, Nigeria, 2013
- SNP National Achiever Award 2015
- Haryana Gaurav Samman Award 2017 from Human Rights Council of India for outstanding contributions to society
- Award by Women Economic Forum 2018, “Iconic Women Creating A Better World For All”
- National Pride Award 2020 “Best Gynaecologist in Gurugram”
- High-risk pregnancies
- All open and laparoscopic gynecological surgeries
- All Menopausal counseling & treatment
- Infertility treatment – counseling, hormonal treatment, ovulation induction, follicular monitoring, intrauterine insemination, and in vitro fertilization
High-Risk Pregnancy- (pregnancy with younger than age 15, older than age 35; weight (pre-pregnancy weight under 100 lb or obesity); height (under five feet); the history of complications during previous pregnancies (including stillbirth, fetal loss, preterm labor and/or delivery, small-for-gestational-age baby, large baby, pre-eclampsia or eclampsia); more than five previous pregnancies; bleeding during the third trimester; abnormalities of the reproductive tract; uterine fibroids; hypertension; Rh incompatibility; gestational diabetes; infections of the vagina and/or cervix; kidney infection; fever; acute surgical emergency (appendicitis, gallbladder disease, bowel obstruction); post-term pregnancy; pre-existing chronic illness (such as asthma, autoimmune disease, cancer, sickle cell anemia, tuberculosis, herpes, AIDS, heart disease, kidney disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diabetes).
- Minimally invasive gynecology
- Diagnostic and Operative Hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic and Operative Laparoscopy for Unexplained Infertility, Chronic pelvic pain, diagnose and treat Endometriosis, treat Ectopic Pregnancy, Remove Scar.
- Tissues/Adhesiolysis, Ovarian Cystectomy, Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, to treat Fibroids (Myomectomy)
- Abdominal Hysterectomy, Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Colposcopy, Cryosurgery, LEEP procedure, D&C
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy for Unexplained Pelvic Pain, Unexplained Infertility, History of Pelvic Infection
- Abdominal Hysterectomy, Vaginal Hysterectomy, Colposcopy, Cryosurgery, LEEP Procedure D&C